Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yom Kippur

Rosh Hashanah has passed and tonight begins Yom Kippur.

Yom Kippur is the holiest day of the year. Jewish adults spend the day fasting and praying. We will be spending most of the day at our shul (synagogue).

Today is Erev Yom Kippur. It is a day to seek forgiveness for our wrongs of the past year.

Fasting will begin 18 minutes before sunset tonight and last until nightfall tomorrow. This year my husband will be fasting alone, adults and those who have had their bar mitzvah are required to fast, but there are a few medical exceptions. As my youngest is only 8 months old and still breastfeeding, I will not be fasting this year.

It is also a day where I will be away from technology, just like on Shabbat. So I wanted to update with a short blog before shutting down the computer until after Yom Kippur.

See you in 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment